To provide the candidates with knowledge, understanding and proficiency for the function Marine Engineering at the Management Level to enable said candidate to serve in the capacity of chief engineer or second engineer officer
Upon completion of the course, trainees shall be able to:
- Evaluate the theoretical foundation and application of Thermodynamics and heat transmission
- Review the principles and application of mechanics and hydromechanics
- Understand fuel oil quality and fuel oil treatment
- Gain knowledge on the technology of materials such as metallurgy, testing and properties of materials, heat treatment of metals, alloying elements in irons and steels, and etc.)
- Know naval architecture and ship construction, including damage control
- Analyze and discuss the operation and maintenance of marine diesel engines
- Comprehend operation and maintenance of auxiliary machinery and deck machinery
The course is open to marine engineer officers who are holders of certificate under the 1978 STCW Convention, as amended, at the operational level with at least six (6) months of seafaring service on that capacity.
Course Intake Limitations:
The number of trainees shall not exceed to 24 participants.
Ten (10) Days [Two weeks]