Advance Cargo handling, Stowage and Care of Cargo
To provide the candidates with knowledge, understanding and proficiency prescribed in Table A-II/2 of STCW 1995 for the function Advanced Cargo Handling, Stowage and Care at the management Level and the requirements of the maritime industry to enable said candidate to serve in the capacity of Masters and Chief Mates.
Upon completion of the course, trainees shall be able to:
- Contrast the fundamental principles of ship construction, trim stability and ship stress and its application
- Analyze the stability diagrams and demonstrate knowledge in the use of stability calculating equipments
- Apply the requirements of IACS Enhance survey program and initiatives to improve ship’s structural safety
- Use the calculating equipment to compute the sheering force, bending moments, draft, trim and stability
- Calculate the effect on trim and stability in the event of damage and flooding of a compartment and plan countermeasures to be taken
- Apply the International Regulations, Codes and Standards concerning the safe handling, stowage, securing and transport of cargoes
- Formulate plan for the safety and security of the crew and the ship and develop emergency control plans to handle emergency situation
The course is open to marine deck officers who are holders of STCW ’95 at the Operational Level with at least six (6) months of seagoing.
Course Intake Limitations:
The number of trainees shall not exceed to 24 participants.
Ten (10) Days [Two weeks]